Irena Pekarskiene; 66, Russia
Olga Sirochenko; 21, Russia
Izolina Geniene; 63, Lithuania
Sandra Bekesiute; 21, Lithuania
Irena shared her carp recipe with the group. She knew a good way of cutting the carp to eliminate fine Y-bones. These bones can be broken up by lightly cutting through the bones using a number of shallow, parallel strokes. Cooking will further soften these bones so that they will rarely be noticed when eating. In her recipe she just used salt, pepper and mayonnaise and fried the carp in a pan. Izolina, Olga and Sandra proposed to add other ingredients and bake the fish in the oven. Everyone was curious to check if scoring the fillet will work to solve the tiny bones problem. It did.
Difficulty Level II
How much does it take to prepare it? 30 min.
How much does it take to cook it? 15 min.
Cooking utensils What are the necessary tools for cooking the dish?
Saucepan, Grater, Baking pan
Ingredients List of ingredients with quantity
1. 1 carp 1.5 kg
2. 2 carrots
3. 2 onions
4. 100 grams of sour cream
5. 1 tablespoon of mustard
6. Lemon juice for sprinkling
7. Salt and pepper
8. 1 tablespoon of mustard
9. Vegetable oil
1. Clean the carp and score it by slicing through the fish in 1 cm increments on both sides.
2. Rub salt and pepper on both sides and inside of a fish.
3. Sprinkle lemon juice all over the fish.
4. Leave the fish to absorb the salt while you prepare the filling.
5. Grate carrots coarsely.
6. Chop the onions and fry them slightly in oil.
7. Add carrots to the pan with onions.
8. While frying stir and add a bit of water to make a vegetables stew.
9. After the carrots begin to soften add the mustard.
10. Fill the inside of the fish with vegetables.
11. Place the fish into a baking pan and pour sour cream diluted with water over it.
12. Bake for 30-40 minutes in an oven preheated to 200°C.
Practical tips and secrets Any secret to make the recipe tastier?
If some filling is left, spread it over the fish. After 30 minutes of baking, watch the fish to avoid over baking. The brownish colour indicates that the fish is ready. Garnish: rice, boiled or baked potatoes, steamed vegetables.
Healty tips Which health diseases can this dish help to combat?
Fish are high in omega-3 fatty acids and regular consumption of fish can reduce the risk of various diseases and disorders.
Seasonal tips Which season is the best time for having the dish?
Carps are bred in ponds and are available all year round.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.