ALCE (Appetite for Learning Comes with Eating) is a two years Grundtvig Multilateral project under the LifeLong Learning Programme. It involves five partners: CESIE (Italy), MEH- Merseyside Expanding Horizons (United Kingdom), VM-Verein Multikulturell (Austria), Elan Interculturel (France) and SIC- Senior Initiative Center (Lithuania).
The target groups ALCE focuses on, are:
• native senior women over 60 years old
• and young migrant women between 18 and 40 years old
The objectives ALCE focuses on, are:
• breaking social isolation of certain target groups suffering of multiple discrimination
• developing the intercultural and intergenerational dialogue between the two target groups.
• encouraging adult learning through the recognition and validation of the competences (literacy, civic, entrepreneurial) acquired by the target groups.
The learning phase was based on exchange of food traditions and natural curative methods, cultural events, learning mobilities, creation of Recipe Book gathering traditional recipes and remedies The second year of the project was focused on creation of pedagogical manual on innovative approaches for stimulating intergenerational and intercultural learning.
Phone: +39 0916164224
Fax: +39 091 6230849
Via Roma 94
90133 Palermo, Italy